MAFIA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacrificial Double Reacharound (Experimental)

+2
Viero
Quaetam
6 posters

Go down

Sacrificial Double Reacharound (Experimental) Empty Sacrificial Double Reacharound (Experimental)

Post  Quaetam Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Here's one of my plans.
H3H3H3
This idea is so crazy I can't help but suggest it. If pulled off it would be the greatest thing ever... It is, however, quite hard to pull off :3

I've been thinking for a long time of a suicidal but possibly effective mafia strategy, and it's one that can be adapted to my current role quite well.

To do this we need a taste for risk, as it gambles almost everything for an incredibly fun, mindfucking outcome. (Mileage of mindfuck will vary based on how well it's preformed). We also need a godfather who is very skilled.

Essentially, this plan is suicide, not just for me but for all of us except the godfather. But it's so much fun. The idea is to catapult the godfather into the most secure position possible, as a town leader, or at least major player.

See, my usual playstyle is a scumhunter, as any of you who have been in a game before with me know. This could be used to our advantage. I am usually vindicated by the number of scum I call out, among other reasons. This makes it increasingly likely that if I am to stay alive we'll have to sacrifice someone. Which sucks.

However, let's say we play along. The first couple days we act as normal. After that, on day 2 or 3 as that's usually when I'm able to pick up on one or two mafians, we do this. I call out whichever of us looks most suspicious, full-out textwall style, and do everything I can to get that person lynched. That person fights back as expected. Next day I do the same thing.

Finally, on the third day from when I started, I call out a townie, and hopefully get them lynched. Depending on what we discuss, I might do it again for a second day. Either that, or the second part springs into action after I've downed one townie. It doesn't have to be me, by the way. I'm merely suggesting myself because as a townie I have ALWAYS tried to play it big and call out my suspects, holding little back. It would make me fit the role of the first stage very well.

Stage 2 is the double reacharound. See, we're not doing these sacrifices to set me up as innocent. We're doing these sacrifices to set me up as innocent and have someone else call me out correctly so I can be sacrificed to make THEM look innocent.
This plan is actually not for my benefit. Essentially the godfather needs to call me out after I call out one or two mafians myself (as well as an untold number of townies) and bring me down. The entire thing has to be staged perfectly. We'd need to plan out every post not only I, but others, make, in order to achieve the desired result. The godfather will also need a solid alibi.

This is an EXPERIMENTAL plan for a reason: It's potentially suicide. The reason this plan is so suicidal is twofold, obviously. First off, we're sacrificing a MINIMUM of two mafians for this to work: The one or two people I call out, and then me. Secondly, If we don't stagger the stages of this correctly, we could end up a very small minority versus a massive town, so we want to start this day 2 or 3 if we go for it, and have the mafians called out across the next three days, then give me one or two days to call out a townie.

Ideally we want one mafian, and the Godfather, to be left alive after I die. After a day or so of the town’s usual blind guessing, (after all we want to stagger this plan to maximize town casualties), the Godfather can call out his last remaining comrade if he deems fit. That part is optional, as frankly a one-man mafia team would cut our chances of victory to something very, very slim.

This is a sacrificial double reacharound. I sacrifice one or two comrades to gain the town's confidence and lead them against one or two townies, then (hopefully on day 5 or 6 by this point) I myself am sacrificed to catapult our godfather into a position of utmost trust. He continues on to win in approximately 3 days, possibly sacrificing any remaining comrades in the process (we'll see about that).

Like I said before, this is almost suicide. Almost. Whatever happens, it’s an incredibly fun path to take. It’s all about whether we’re willing to take this risk.

There are also a good number of things that my power could do to help this plan. I can recruit someone early on and by doing so gain a good townie role for the person replacing the role of the godfather here to use as an alibi, while the recruit is sacrificed at some point if we choose to follow this plan. If I’m copscanned, I can recruit the cop, and he will fulfill my role in this plan, calling out a number of our comrades (having gained the trust of the town after my death). Hell, I could even recruit the cop and go head to head with him. Whoever lives will be vindicated by the other turning up mafia.

I will say that there’s a good chance a SK could throw a wrench into this plan, and quite easily. Doesn't mean it can't be done though.

Since we don't have a godfather per se, this is about double the risk. It doesn't mean we can't have a priority player fulfill the role of the godfather as mentioned above.

Either way, we don't have to worry about this yet, if ever. If we are ever going to try it, we have to accept one thing: The chances of victory will probably be cut down dramatically if something goes wrong. If it goes right, everything will be amazing, and the game will probably be close, but I could see it going in our favor. If we are going to try this, we all have to be ready to do it together, and put a lot of thought and effort into it.
Quaetam
Quaetam

Back to top Go down

Sacrificial Double Reacharound (Experimental) Empty Re: Sacrificial Double Reacharound (Experimental)

Post  Viero Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Quaetam wrote:We also need a godfather who is very skilled.

Not sure if you saw Ryans posts but there is no Godfather...
Viero
Viero

Back to top Go down

Sacrificial Double Reacharound (Experimental) Empty Re: Sacrificial Double Reacharound (Experimental)

Post  Quaetam Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Viero wrote:
Quaetam wrote:We also need a godfather who is very skilled.

Not sure if you saw Ryans posts but there is no Godfather...

Quaetam wrote:Since we don't have a godfather per se, this is about double the risk. It doesn't mean we can't have a priority player fulfill the role of the godfather as mentioned above.

I already acknowledged that.

The reason we need the person we're all trying to support to be a godfather is that a clever detective could check him after he takes out the second-stage sacrifice (whoever first sacrifices one or two others).

And keep in mind this whole thing is experimental, especially now that we don't have a don.
Quaetam
Quaetam

Back to top Go down

Post  Viero Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Sorry, did not read that far down before making the post.

This sounds like a very fun and sneaky plan that if works would just be fantastic. But of course I want to hear other peoples opinions on it as well.
Viero
Viero

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Indeed, the key words are 'if it works'. It's super-experimental and risky, which is why we all have to agree if we go this route.

I want input from others. td? Weldar? Fed?
Quaetam
Quaetam

Back to top Go down

Post  td260 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Due to the lack of a don, I think it's more of a risk than the reward would be. Unless we got the cop down in an early lucky kill, he's probably going to inspect whomever we set up. Just as a precaution, y'know. And since everyone here scans as guilty, I'm not willing to risk everything on the off chance that the cop is going to trust people in a mafia game.

A plan of action similar to this can work if a day finishes with heavy suspicion on one of us. If the suspicion is on them, and not really on anyone else, we can implement this and throw them under the bus- one of us can accuse them as the day starts, and when they turn up guilty the accuser looks a little more innocent. I'd prefer not to use it, since it's a dick move, but it is a plausible course of action.
td260
td260

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 pm

td260 wrote:Due to the lack of a don, I think it's more of a risk than the reward would be. Unless we got the cop down in an early lucky kill, he's probably going to inspect whomever we set up. Just as a precaution, y'know. And since everyone here scans as guilty, I'm not willing to risk everything on the off chance that the cop is going to trust people in a mafia game.

We still have time to decide either way. That's why I'm hoping I, or any of us, gets scanned night 1-so I can recruit the cop with my power, making him look innocent once I go down. There's a number of reasons this could potentially still work, but it is definitely more risky. We can look into it as the game progresses, don't write it off just yet Razz

td260 wrote:A plan of action similar to this can work if a day finishes with heavy suspicion on one of us. If the suspicion is on them, and not really on anyone else, we can implement this and throw them under the bus- one of us can accuse them as the day starts, and when they turn up guilty the accuser looks a little more innocent. I'd prefer not to use it, since it's a dick move, but it is a plausible course of action.

Yeah, that's basically common mafian sense Razz. It's not a dick move, it's what we should do. If someone is going to go down, without a doubt, make their death beneficial to the team.
Quaetam
Quaetam

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 am

I'm gonna have to agree with your sentiment in the latest post there Q, wait and see. This plan well certainly valid is sort of situational. We basically turn ourselves from a mafia into a serial killer, pegging all our hopes on on the ones person. A single stry scan or kill unravels it all. The big thing I'd want to check before going ahead, is there a serial killer. Having an extra unpredictable kill like that out there would make me hesitate to go ahead. But depending on how the game unfolds this could indeed be a good way to go, converting the cop or something would be just amazing for this. Sacroifice one or two and bring the rest into the coalition, but hidden among some real innocents. Even if the cop dies then we're not totally fucked a chaos will reign.

And yeah bussing your teammtes is mafia 101, you just have to know the right time to let go. Keep definding your teamates and you'll all go down quickly but turning on them too late is a useless gesture, sometimes it can be for the greater good to throw someoe under the bus a little prematurely. That's the nature of being mafia, you're a team and sometimes the individual has to scarice themself for the team.
Weldar
Weldar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:40 am

"yeah bussing your teammtes is mafia 101"

That's about as real as it gets.

Admin
Admin

https://showyourstabs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:07 pm

We are huge, we will lose people. Controlling the point at which they die is a good idea. The who to let die is the point. All in all, I am very tempted to execute this plan. But yeah, let's wait a night and then decide.
Fedaykin
Fedaykin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 am

I find it totally ironic that this kind of ended up happening, despite us originally not wanting to :/
Quaetam
Quaetam

Back to top Go down

Post  td260 Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:51 am

Fate has a twisted sense of humor.
td260
td260

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum